Friday, February 25, 2005

Good, Not So Good

I feel the need to express my favoritism and dislike for various things I encountered this week...here's the good and not so good of the last week in February:

GOOD:

Tazo Calm Tea: I proudly announce my development of an addiction to something that is not sugar coated or caffeinated. Something about this stuff makes me go crazy when it's not in the cupboard at work, so I went and bought my own.

The Department of Human Services in Oregon...the FIRST company to send me a positive letter of possible employment. Not necessarily my ideal work environment, but they pay well and anything will do for a few months at this point. I'll take that "open recruitment" clearance and run with it!

24HourFitness at midnite: The vast array of machines available for my workouts and the lack of ogling muscle men is so great late at night. A plus that I can watch Conan while I am getting ready and then actually hear my iPod during the workout because the overhead booty music is turned down when there are only six people in the whole gym.

Movex: They'll drop a box in front of my house and then drive it to Portland and drop it in front of my house there for less than it would cost me to drive a big moving truck back to Oregon all alone (sorry if this sounds like free advertising, but I'm excited)! My fear of accidentally pulverizing a McDonalds off some exit along I-84 has officially ceased.

Warmer weather: No snow for over a week and absolutely beautiful blue skies. And then a clear sky every night for the full moon. Nice.

NOT SO GOOD:

"1/2 The Sugar" Fruity Pebbles...Of the eight (yes, eight) boxes of cereal that landed in my cart today, this is the first one I open. Where is that sugary film on the top of my mouth? Where is the fruity flavor reminiscent of burnt pixy stix? Here's to hoping the Chocolate Lucky Charms I purchased tonight for the first time too are better than this tasteless bowl of cardboard.

Flu epidemics: 25 kids at my school were throwing up in hallways, bathrooms, bedrooms, ugh! The thought that "we were next" had many of us walking around "mentally queasy" all day Thursday.

Early morning construction: It really irritates me to no end that they are building a house directly across the street from mine. My car is constantly covered in brown dust and the workers only listen to "My 99.5" which plays the same mainstream groups all day. Their power tools are also much too loud for my need to sleep in everyday until at least 11:00 am.

Alright, the Tazo is kicking in and I need to get to bed before the construction guys are out jammin to the big hits of the 80s and 90s again. I am glad that the worst thing in my life right now is minor sleep disturbance and bland cereal. Life can't get much better than that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you know Jonathan--did I meet you prior to him escaping off to Alaska (again)?

-Pete

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, sorry to hear the cereal tasting wasn't up to your standards.

I think it's the terroir of the marshmallow growing regions these days.

Sarah said...

Pete Lee,

Jonathan...six years all the way back to OSU...he's up there in my "adored" category. I have watched him and Marcus finish each other's sentences, but know I have not met you. But we Oregon escapees are returning in due time.

Anonymous said...

Most excellent! Marcus is a good friend of mine--we worked on the Beyond Talkeetna film Marcus mentions on his web site.

We'll have to get together for a drink one of these days. Good luck on your move...