Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Buy Klink's CD, and Other Fine Thoughts

Aight, I was going to write something on why I am still not in a committing mood at the moment, but who the hell cares about that tonight. Let's talk about other things...

Summerizing...
On Thursday, I am plunking down some hard earned cash for a head full of professional blond toned highlights. Why? Why the hell not? I am bored with what I've got, and I figured that a professional will be able to avoid the burnt orange hue that I achieved at age 14 after a disastrous interaction with a bottle of Sun-In (which they still make by the way...yikes!!!)

I am also getting some cancerous sun on my paling body this weekend. It is going to finally be hitting the mid 80s for three days, and I am going to spend as much of that outside as I possibly can. Last year, I was dark from the Moab sun by now, and the current reflective state of my skin is irritating the hell out of me. So shave another year off my beauty age...hit me with some sun.

Calorie burning kills the pain...
In an effort for continued sanity, I decided to hit the gym at midnite last night to constructively vent my frustrations after a long day at work with 20 screaming kids. Pulled out three miles on an elliptical, and the scenes of children rushing at me with flying fists quickly faded into oblivion. Did I mention that I only have ten hours left until I am done with the little terrors?

Shameless plug...
Our friend David Klinkenberg just released another CD called Fiddle-Levity. It's great, so go buy it and support a very talented musician. You'll probably have to go to a Christian based store to get it, but anyone who likes good instrumental music will like it. Hopefully, playing since the age of four will start to make this guy a fair profit one day.

Druggie dog...
Why this didn't happen when we were still together, but Mike finally decided to put our dog Mason on drugs for his psychotic behavior. Many of you may remember this paranoid pup doing circles around the house, the dorms at work, and freaking at the sound of garbage bags and paper shredders. But I guess Mason has been chill and lovely to be around since the regular druggings began. Am I bitter that I had to put up with four years of crazy from this animal only to know he is artificially mellow in my abscence? You bet I am.

I'll believe it when...
One of my favorite people is claiming that he is REALLY coming to visit us Oregonians in two weeks. Hey man, you've seen the threat in the comments on your blog, and I'm serious... you are not escaping this time. Wait, can't you just sell ads for the Saturday Market here instead? Really, now that you are my pseudo husband, can't I just MAKE you move home?

Thanks for making me smile...
I was pissed off on Sunday morning for a few unrelated reasons from boys to having to go to work, but then I opened an email from a friend who I haven't and won't see for a long time that said, "Send me some pictures so I can remember how cute you are." It put a much needed smile on my face, so thanks.

And so...
Here is a song worth downloading: Shade of a Shadow by Tietur. I like it. Or go with From a Balance Beam by Bright Eyes. Good deal.

No comments: