Sunday, May 15, 2005

Whining about Smoke

I hate smoke. I am sitting here debating whether or not to go and take a full on shower because my night out included some time in a cool and laid back place called the Triple Nickel, BUT it was smoky. And I HATE that smell in my hair, clothes, everything. Call me a whiner, I don't care...California is nonsmoking. Can't Oregon be next? Corvallis, my college town was, and it was awesome. You could hit the town and come home and stumble into bed nice and smokeless. Apparently, the amount of people smoking in America has decreased 30 some percent since the 60s. Why don't we just let the rest of the lung fryers smoke outside?

Am I being mean? I mean, I drink. What if they asked me to drink on the sidewalk? Oh, that's right, I don't pour my drinks down the throats of innocent bystanders and designated drivers.

Okay, this is over for now, but I highly suggest a lot of those places downtown that let me go in, have fun, and come home happily smokeless. But a lot of them are clubs. Not that that is always bad, but anyone know of a cool smokefree pub'bish' place in the Ptown area?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call the Pub at the End of the Universe - do you remember that place? For some reason I remember someone saying they were going smoke free. That seems really weird to me though? I could be wrong. I thought Portland was going smoke free around the time we left as the Roxy had just gone “smokeless”. Maybe it’s just restaurants.

I agree it was better in California. Just the other day we went into a really rural Dairy Queen and everyone was smoking inside. Some people were smoking cigars! It was really weird and lame. I could not believe it. Obviously we couldn’t stay with Cedar. We took our ice cream and ran.

Love your super-fly sis. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Some other ideas: Madame Butterfly on SW 4th and Stark downtown, one of my favorite haunts, is smoke-free (smokers are content to simply step outside).

The New Old Lompoc is not smoke-free. However, their ample outside seating has plenty of areas where you can avoid major plumes. They've also got killer food.