Monday, May 30, 2005

Good Enough and Not So Bad

The vacation has ended, so let's just get on with the list:

GOOD

Five day vacation, duh. Much needed and thoroughly wasted doing very little. Goal achieved...though a smidge of me wishes I would have gone to Ashland, but I'll head down there in the next month or so instead...I needed to just chill this weekend.

My head of highlights turned out pretty well. Though I am still wondering how they can charge that much for a pile of foil and dye!

I become a Family Support Worker tomorrow. It's my third job since I moved here by the way, so let's hope that I'm loving it and not quitting it. I have a feeling it will be a good fit.

The Longest Yard was pretty good, though I thought that the borderline homophobic jail humor was pretty overused and lame...this type of humor just irks me. I think that moviemakers think they are displaying tolerance, but really it's so f**king ignorant in my opinion. Okay, I'm over it. For now.

Also watched The Aviator. Long, but worth a one time viewing. Of course, it motivated me to do some research to find out what the hell was really wrong with that poor OCD Howard Hughes...haven't actually started the research yet, so I pretty much just feel very sorry for the guy. And to totally numb the brain, I finally watched Supertroopers. Seriously stupid, but so funny anyway.

Our friend Vince arrives on Thursday for a weekend of fun. I haven't seen him in about four years, but I love that he can hug my eyeballs out of their sockets, so I'm excited to see him.

BIZARRE

Category of the moment because I just converted a ton of the music on my computer into my iTunes library, and realized that I actually like a lot of G. Love. I have declared my dislike for him for years, but now I am sneaking his tunes into my iPod. Maybe it's because he is such good friends with Jack Johnson that I see it as my 'in' with Jack. That's seriously the only option I see here, because it just makes no sense to me.

NOT SO GOOD

Filling my gas tank for my new 80 mile a day commute should be fun. Does anyone remember when gas was 99 cents a gallon in college and you could go just about anywhere for five bucks? Damn, I miss those days.

Okay, indifference for the male species is disappearing. Not so good because now they can play mind games with me even when they have no idea that they are doing it (which they aren't, but I'm a girl, so shut up). Feeeeelings, nothing more than feeeeeelings. Sheeeeit.

Clouds, you suck. Rain, you too. Watch your backs, cuz me and the sun are coming to get ya.

My bedtime has to be normal now because I have to get up with the rest of the normal risers, so I guess I should be going cuz' I'll be up with the birds tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How anyone could not adore G Love is beyond me – I’m glad you are finally getting with the program!

I hope this new job is a good fit for you. If you quit another job people are going to start thinking it’s you, not the job. But you should quit your whining about the weather 88 is cold here lately. Yuck. I’d give a lot to see some good ol’ rain.

Oh, and I signed up for the wireless service we talked about. Now we can talk for free! So if you switch providers now I’m gonna be mighty upset.

Love your one and only sister.