Monday, May 02, 2005

Attention Deficit Blog

Sorry, I have a lot of busy days behind and ahead of me, so I've decided to capture my life all in one entry. Here we go:

IS THIS SERIOUSLY AN AD CAMPAIGN?
Watching some prime time TV crud tonight with the roomies, and a lovely commercial comes on with this little jingle:

You bet your sweet Aspercreme.

ARE YOU KIDDING? Was this created after a little overzealous vodka lunch? Do these people still have their jobs? Somebody PLEASE explain how this made it on the air!

CLAY PIGEONS
I shot a huge rifle this weekend for the first time in my life. Hit the first and only clay pigeon that was launched into the air for me...yeah, that was my mad skills and not beginner's luck, I swear. I had to stop at one because the kickback from the gun was so strong that my arm is STILL sore today. I am embarrassed to admit that I actually found this activity fun, but just so you know, I have no intention of going after small critters next.

BRIGHT EYES
This guy is getting some major playtime in my iPod, especially one song that I am laughing out loud about as I'm seeing it as the new theme song for my current mindset. It's not appropriate to address the content right now, but here are some lyrics for those who know his songs, so you can find it on your own if you want to figure it out:

You didn't care to know who else may have been you before...I need some meaning I can memorize...You write such pretty words, but life's no story book.

I will sum it up as indecision for now, which leads us into...

SIDE PROJECTS
Okay, after being in regular dating mode for over two weeks with one guy, and having an evolving date with a new face, I have decided I cannot use this term anymore. It's just too detached for my liking. Does that mean I am starting to care? Probably a little. Overall, I am sticking with the idea that this is mainly still 'me time' and that I would be an unfavorable solid side by side for anyone for at least a couple more months. Remember, I spent over 2000 days with the same guy...does that put it in perspective?

STICKDEATH.COM
Click into this and watch "Becoming Unglued" which you can play from the main page and the 'Anti Autotheft Devices' clip too. Completely horrific and hilarious, especially the way the stick figures laugh.

GOOD
Diet Dr. Pepper has become my means of survival on little sleep. The sun is giving me some good energy and skin pigment again. Ice on the Sheets by Ugly Casanova provides over six minutes of diverse listening pleasure. Slimy Constantine is gone from American Idol, which I don't even watch, but he still gave me the creeps...man, he was molesting that camera, ewww.

NOT SO GOOD
Ocean's Twelve was an ego show for big headed actors...never watch this movie. It was so bad that I can't even think of anything else to list in this category right now. Except for maybe Surviving Christmas...horrible. Oh, and meth...so sick of hearing about it now that Oregon has prostituted it to the media. It is a problem everywhere, just like school shootings were everywhere, INCLUDING suburbs, before Columbine. Stop with the oversaturation already.

The new job starts tomorrow, so I suppose it's time to run off and get some shut eye. Afterall, I need to be ready for people to scowl at me because I got the job that they usually hire for internally. No, I am actually excited. A little nervous, but I am going in with some confidence that I will do just fine and earn respect in no time. Let's hope at least.

1 comment:

m said...

There's a new Cherry Vanilla Diet Dr. Pepper out there now...