Wednesday, April 06, 2005

About Time For the Good and Not So Again

Well, I kind of abandoned my list of the week for a while, so I have some catching up to do. But here is what is shaking up my world in good and not so good ways right now.

GOOD

While my job isn't spectacular, I am making money right now, and my first of two interviews for good jobs is tomorrow. I already mentioned this before, but hey, it has me feeling much more in control of my destiny at the moment, so yahoo.

Tonight, this two and a half year old neighbor girl came over and preceded to 'Elmyra' my dog Bailey. If you don't remember her from Tiny Toons, her line was "I will squeeze him and love him, and call him George." Now this is in the good category because Bailey just let her roll all over him, give repeated hugs, and she even practically jabbed his eyes out with her tiny fingers. He just sat their with his dopey happy pant and lapped up the attention instead of making her into a snack. Phew!

I have almost finished organizing my new place. It is so nice to not have to tumble over things, and I can actually find items I need to use. Ahh, the simple things in life.

My buddy Jon is planning trip to Oregon in the near future. Good, of course. He is a blast to hang out with and one of my best friends.

NOT SO GOOD

Bailey has a new best friend. My friend Jess's sixteen year old sister Raquel is living with us right now, and she is home all day with him while she works on homework and looks for employment. He has expressed his excitement for my return from work everyday with a full body wag at the door, but then he quickly scampers off, toy in mouth, to find Raquel. I see him again around bed time when he tiredly plops on my bed. Okay, this is actually good that he has companionship because I was genuinely worried about his transition and him having to be alone all day. And their new relationship appears to have staying power, so they should live happily ever after in my working hours.

I have been slacking when it comes to seeing everyone I want to see and doing everything I want to do. So Dad, I'll be calling soon, and sushi, I will be partaking in your Pacific Coast freshness too. Oh and of course, Cilitini, we will be coming to Aura to catch a round of you. The busy first week had me feeling like a hermit, so I am ready to bust out of the shell and do the things that I moved back to enjoy.

I have an interview at 11:30 tomorrow and I am still awake and honestly a little unprepared. So since this clearly rounds out the 'not so good' category, I am going to go and get it all together so that I can wow them with my mad social service skills tomorrow.

Oh, and despite the daily dose of rain, I am liking the moderate weather here. Just worth mentioning because it had me a little worried. The sun seems to be hanging in there though, just like me.

No comments: