Monday, April 18, 2005

Sleepy Thoughts on Balance

I somehow ended up on three overnite shifts at work for this week. Probably something to do with the "newbie" status I have (and did I mention that I remain painfully humbled by having to be entry level while I continue my job search?). Anyway, this shift runs 11:30 pm to 8:00 am, and I have officially been up for 24 hours. I actually didn't mind the shift...no kids, I got to read, write, and all I had to do was look at angelic sleeping teenagers. Sure, maybe they were cussing me out in their dreams, but at least my night was peaceful and easy.

So now, I admit I am tired. I would have slept in on Sunday morning, but the cute boy from Saturday night called and woke me up at 9:30 to remind me that I agreed to go bowling with him at 11:00. Ugh, six hours of sleep? But he's cute, so I headed out to meet him. My next goal was to recoup some lost sleep by heading home to hit the sack at 5:00. Nah, the day long adventures with cute boy ran well into the evening, so I was finally able to throw myself into bed around 10:00, but managed to only get about five minutes of shut eye before heading to work. The shift was remarkably painless...thanks Sobe energy drink and Strawberry Eggos.

Maybe it's time to rebalance right? Not yet. My goal in moving back was to get out of that SLC slump, and I still think the good has outweighed the bad despite quitting a good job and spending a ton of money to get my stuff here from SLC. I love being able to go out with my friends, see family, and I'm even tolerating the insane traffic. Sleep is a necessity that will knock me on my ass when it's ready. Actually, I think it is kicking me in the side right now, so I'm off.

No comments: