Monday, April 18, 2005

One Long List of What's Up

Alright, this is my stab at a comp list of the good and not so good. I have added an end list just for my dating adventures, because then I don't have to tell stories to everyone individually, though I imagine I will.

GOOD

Finally watched City of God Saturday night before going out. While utterly frustrating and hard to watch for the reality factor, the redemption at the end was all I needed to see to know it was worth watching. On top of that, anything that revolves around journalism tends to captivate me because I still have that bug to go and get into it somehow.

NOC shifts at work are actually good. I already explained it, so need not again, but it was great to have no kids attempting power struggles and manipulations.

The sun was out today for a long time, and apparently, it's planning on sticking around. We all took a long walk tonight around the neighborhood and played on the playground. Bailey even learned to go down the slide. It was great.

This weekend, we hit the Pet Expo by Jantzen Beach. In addition to a free frisbee, food, and fun for Bailey, it was great to see that I am not the only person overly obsessed with my dog.

Sunday, I bowled my highest game ever of 134. Don't make fun of me, that is good considering my formless skills.

I finally had time to update my iPod, so now I have some great music from Al Green and Marvin Gaye, and I also added in a ton of one hit wonders. I find myself hitting the select button for 'Your Love' by The Outfield over and over...an odd obsession I know.

NOT SO GOOD

I am currently out of milk because I haven't made it down the street to the store. You know how hard this has got to be for me right? I actually poured a Slimfast type drink on my cereal tonight so that I could still eat it. Desperation comes in the oddest forms, especially when you are too tired to drive one measly mile to feed the need.

Little Black Book was one of the stupidest movies I have seen in a long time. You could tell that they attempted to make an epic 'coming of age' story, but failed miserably. I don't care if the cute Ron Livingston (Peter in Office Space, Burger in Sex and the City) was in it. Never watch this movie.

I slept in until 5:00 pm today because of that NOC shift. There went my day, so that would be the downside of that easy shift.

CUTE BOY

Alright, he gets the hmmm factor from me. Let's weigh, shall we.

Good: Has the spin around factor (the new requirement developed by Jess and I that to date me you must be able to pick me up and spin me around. Kind of a joke, but hey, why not use it to weed out the nonaffectionate punks...ohhh, I am so serious actually), OSU educated with a good job, fun to hang out with, quietly funny, athletic, and has the tall dark and handsome thing covered easily...very easily.

Not so good: Self proclaimed cat person (but his cat is cute and even shakes your hand for treats), favorite music is too terrifying to mention (but he likes to sing), and the brain is definitely more sport oriented than book oriented. Though, I like the active factor, you have to have the brain factor too to keep up.

I won't break out my 'Jump to Conclusions' mat quite yet on this one. But I am assuming that he'll be filed under...wait, now that would be jumping to conclusions wouldn't it?

Alright, the second interview awaits me tomorrow morning, so I am off to get more sleep.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! The "Jump to Conclusions" mat. That was one of the most terrifying scenes for me to watch in Office Space.

Rounders--great movie choice! I believe in the "watch good movies" test while dating. If their eyes glaze over during most of them, it's a bad omen for me.

Sarah said...

I think everyone needs that mat. Our lives would be so much easier if we just closed our eyes and went with the box we landed on.

I agree Rounders was good, and I guess I can add it to the good category that he owns it, but he also clearly has it memorized too and loves to play Texas Hold Em. But he also had nice teeth, so I am guessing that the card mobs aren't after him...yet.

Anonymous said...

Well, sure. Seems like people make the mistake into falling into one of two extremes: do absolutely nothing at all and suffer in silent frustration (high $$$ shrinks call this "depression"), or go balls out for an idea that they haven't put a single iota of actual thought into. If that game was for philosophers, it would be called "The Ladder of Inference," but I digress.

I believe in looking at the knees, personally.

Done well, Texas Hold 'Em is a very educational game. I think it teaches a lot about business, negotiation, body language, and risk management.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I thought you cleverly made up the “'Jump to Conclusions' mat” comment. Am I the only person on the planet who finds Office Space dull and over-idolized?

Love me

Sarah said...

Dear my sister,

Yes, you are. Office Space is genius because it takes the dull and shows how ridiculous it can be. You should watch it again.

Dear Pete,

So I played Texas Hold Em finally. Tried the knee thing since we were playing on the floor. But I eventually got schooled anyway. One day I will be queen of the skills though.