Sunday, April 10, 2005

What the Fithifuh?

So yeah, I am still awake, though clearly to the point of nodding off. I felt the need to get on and write a little thing I would like to call "What the Fithifuh?"

Some of my girl friends in high school and college used to say this. Well, maybe just Aimee, and then she would explode into a fit of laughter, but it sums up my night.

Example 1: Cute, but socially awkward group of male species...lacking in skills such as buying the cute girls drinks immediately instead of two hours later. Yes, the science teacher was cute, with an almost Ph. D. and an internship in my dream job arena. But he had no f**king clue as to how typical male/female social norms operate. I could elaborate, but no. It was just...too odd. But it leads to the next example.

Example 2: The events supporting the first example can only be explained as bizarre and blah, so it is no wonder that I welcomed a few phone conversations with a much more captivating and sharper stick over the phone...once while the almost Ph. D. was off buying a round of drinks for us, and again after we busted out of that place. The talks this evening however were a little random, but entertaining and smile inducing as usual nonetheless. I was offered advice that I already know...and, I already heard him verbally kick himself a few days ago after delivering the sober version. But things are interesting and I could get a few days of in town entertainment. Oh, and I could once again elaborate, but no...it's my business as to what squares and cubes mean to this equation right now.

Example 3: I have promised to keep this a secret for now, so too bad you don't get to find out what should be written here, sorry. Clearly, I just can't elaborate right now.

Anyway...all of it just had me thinking 'What the fithifuh?' Things aren't a big deal enough to say "What the f**k?" but I feel the need to offer some insight into where it all came from. The mild confusion, humor, and entertainment felt was worth a night in Portland. So, I am officially ready to call it a night.

No comments: