Sunday, April 17, 2005

Another Saturday Night, And...

Am I seriously writing in this right now? Uhh, yes. Why? Because I stripped all my smoky clothes off from the bar and threw them in the wash because something about smoke just irritated me tonight. Oh, and as most of you know, I have never had any kind of firsthand smoke enter my lungs, so I really hate it. So now, I get to wait to throw them in the dryer because I am not into that lull period of letting them sit in the wash bin until morning.

Anyway...tonight I went out on Hawthorne to Mulligans and met my friend Maureen. She has been away in grad school and I have been away in Utah for the last few years, so we had some catching up to do. A series of overlaps occurred, and overall, it was a good night. Here is the breakdown:

1) My friend Maureen's new boyfriend is right up there with great. I am so happy that she has a cool guy now. He's liberal, cute, and caring...thanks for blessing her with someone who is much more up to her speed than that manipulative and bratty ass of hers in college (don't worry, she agrees). Oh, and of course, I loved catching up with my Mortal Bean. She is great too.

2) A friend showed up from around the corner and I let him talk on my phone while I talked up a cute boy while playing inappropriate games on a video machine. Am I still being vague? Yeeeeeeees. Is there a reason? Sure. But just for the first part. But cute boy was cute and I had a fun night. Okay, I am always vague about this subject for myself too. I'll admit it.

3) This video thing was awful and hilarious, and at one point there were six of us trying to figure out what was "wrong" with a picture set. If you have no idea, I will not elaborate, but it was fun, I swear.

4) My kitchenette. Okay, tonight we didn't want to wake the teenager sleeping on the couch in our living room upstairs, so now there is a microwave plugged in and sitting on my dining room table downstairs. It is my official mini kitchen, and it made us laugh tonight.

5) My friends blog about garage sales had us rolling tonight for some reason...maybe it had to do with the many well drinks that we enjoyed, but anyway, thorough entertainment for the inebriated soul.

Okay, sleep and dry clothes await. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No comments: