Thursday, April 28, 2005

Music Worth a Few Bucks

Dave Matthews Band has a new CD called Stand Up coming out May 10th. I will be running, not walking to the store to buy this. That's right, BUY this. I don't care if I can download the CD in three seconds for free...anything new by these guys earns a spot on my CD shelf in real packaged form. I don't care if they are getting old and Dave himself will probably start hacking up parts of his lung thanks to his chain smoking ways soon...I still love them. To me, they epitomize make-out music in high school, road trips in college, camping in the summer. Joy!

On another note, I have decided that I will go and buy Tori Amos's new CD too. I thought I was over her, but really, I cannot just let her collection sit unfinished on my shelf.

I am a finisher with a few select crews, including the above, Outkast, Tom Petty, TTWS, Sarah McLachlan, John Mayer, Pete Yorn, and REM. They are the ones who have made it commercially, but still drag my money out of my wallet. After Around the Sun, I'm not sure REM deserves my money anymore, so I think I will pass the buck onto Jack Johnson and do him justice by actually going to buy his CDs. He has a kid now, so I need to support his increasingly perfect life...damn.

Otherwise, the newbies will need to keep earning my respect via the 'free' circuit before I add them to the money list. I think I should add the likes of The Postal Service soon because they're a side project that I don't want to see fade anytime soon. It's really the only side project I feel I CAN commit to right now, so I better show my affection soon right?

No comments: